- Most important you need a very fresh duck liver. It has to be entire, firm and homogeneous.
- 1 grape fruit , 1 orange that you will peel. Then separate and extract with a thin knife all the quarters pulp of both fruits. Once done then slice them into very small pieces.
- Put both grapefruit and orange sliced into a bowl. Add olive oil to cover ( a basic not too tasty one is sufficient ), salt and pepper. Taste along the way. Cut some coriander and add it. We’ll call that “vinaigrette d’agrumes”
- Cover this “vinaigrette d’agrumes ” preparation with a thin plastic film and keep it in the fridge for an hour.
- With a large and pre heated knife, cut obliquely the liver in slices of 2cm thick. 1 slice per person.
- Put a bit of salt and pepper on both sides of the slices.
- Pre heat your plates in your oven.
- Bring a stoven to highest temperature.
- Take out your plates from the oven and spread your “vinaigrette d’agrumes” on the edge.
- Put your liver slices in the heated stoven without any oil or butter. Cook them no more then 2mn on both sides. When flipping them, take out the fat.
- Take them out from stoven. Quickly place them in a a cloth to remove the surface fat. Place the liver in the middle of the plate.
- ENJOY !
This is nothing related to our adventures here in Argentina. But a dish i love to prepare for my wife, friends and family. I’d like to share my secret recipee with you :